Assistant Manager, Backroom, Winners HomeSense, Decarie
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Peter is an Assistant Store Manager, Backroom. This position oversees and is accountable to the efficient operation of the Backroom. Assist's in operational task, service areas, merchandising standards and presentation. Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Peter recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Peter. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Pierre's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Peter, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of a Store Manager, will participate in all employee-related management functions including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, motivation, discipline, performance appraisal, conflict resolution, and the administration of human resources policies and initiatives.
- Provide coaching, training and development to Associates on policies, procedures.
- Direct work assignments in key areas.
- Ensure Store Associate headcount supports the needs of the business. Conducts prescreens, interviews, reference checks and job offers. Adheres to the compensation guidelines.
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
- Review receiving, processing, merchandising, trends, and opportunities with the Store Manager and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Communicate sales goals & other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings to become aware of potential cannibalization and/or market competition. Develop an action plan to sustain or improve sales.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to the backroom. Utilize the Door to Floor and Item by Item (IBI) Reference Guides
- * and other applicable reference guides to coach and model efficiencies in all business areas. Discuss action plans to resolve any issues Discuss priorities, projects, initiatives and goals for the week.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures.
- Create and validate CRT's
- * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Customer Service, AM of Merchandise and/or Store Manager.
- Actively contributes to store achieving shrink target
- Ensure Loss Prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and external losses
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Directly responsible for the execution of the Health & Safety Program including reporting.
- Support operational areas such as cash office, service areas and markdowns in the absence of the AM of Customer Service and/or Operations.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour
- * and discuss with management to determine execution plan
- Support and execute the Joy Project to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Address customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers in Service Areas to gain feedback, communicate feedback to Store Manager.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum High school education
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Core Competencies and/or Skills required: plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute, etc.
- Moderate problem solving; high degree of decision making.
- Directly responsible for sales of 8-20 million
- Responsible for 30 to 80 associates
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.