AP Invoice Entry Administrator - 6 Month Contract
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Layla is an Accounts Payable Invoice Entry Administrator in our Finance Department. She is responsible for processing invoices in a timely manner, reviewing and investigating exceptions and ensuring invoices are accurate and meet purchase order terms.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work? We believe it's having individuals like Layla on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Layla contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Accounts Payable Invoice Entry Administrators , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Enters invoices and ensures that they are processed for payment accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verifies all invoice costs and units are correct and vendors are charged back accordingly for discrepancies.
- Identify and problem solve various issues and discrepancies related to invoices and purchase orders.
- Identify and process early payment discounts.
- Responds to department and vendor requests in a timely manner.
- Monitor pending invoices by running a report daily and following up on older invoices to ensure payments are issued on time.
- Follows all existing department processes and controls.
- Identify and provide suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Other related duties.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you.
But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges You have:
- Post-Secondary Business Education
- General knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of Excel to generate queries and apply basic v-lookup, filtering and other basic formulas to allow them to review larger data. Computer skills including Data entry, word processing, knowledge of accounting applications (i.e. Oracle).
- Basic analytical skills
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving problems, attention to detail.
- Issue management skills including information gathering; customer service; and interpersonal skills including conflict management; time management skills including the ability to prioritize
- Good communication skills including written (composing email messages); and verbal (dealing with vendors, etc.).
- Ability to track multiple types of issues.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.