Allocation Analyst Co-op (September 2018)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Luka is an Allocation Analyst Co-op in our Planning and Allocation Department. He is responsible for working on projects to drive profits in his complex by making strategic business decisions based on his analysis. We designed this co-op role specifically for post-secondary students like Luka. He came to us with a sincere passion for learning more about the retail industry, and a natural curiosity for understanding why products sell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Allocation Analyst Co-ops, you could be placed in one of these functions:
Planning & Allocation
- Create an optimal product mix at department/category/store level through interpretation of numerical/demographic/market data as well as reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives relating to the product assortment. Analyze results and make recommendations based on findings.
- Create and execute merchandise flow plans for all banners and business complexes that meet the needs of our businesses to drive profitable sales.
- Act as a bridge between Merchants, Merchandise Planning, DC Services, Logistics and Store Operations
- Aid in the establishment of KPI and SLA for Planning, DC's and Logistics
- Drive change and improvements throughout Planning & Merchandising and the Supply Chain
- Provide analysis and recommendations on:
- Inbound and outbound Flow
- Sales forecasting
- Ad hoc and varied supply chain metrics
- Uncover merchandise opportunities and partner with store operations to develop action plans and maximize opportunities in specific stores, groups of stores, or targeted geographic areas.
- Support store operations within the region and liaise between store operations and our four divisions.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- You are pursuing a post-secondary degree; experience in a retail or corporate environment considered an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision making.
- You have an interest in working with merchandise (products) and a basic understanding of how key factors, such as brand, fashion, quality, and price impact consumer buying behavior.
- You have strong problem-solving skills.
- You demonstrate intermediate computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and e-mail.
- You have superior interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, where partnering with others and building strong working relationships are critical.
- You have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the business.
- You demonstrate strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize, and re-prioritize under changing circumstances, to ensure commitments are met.
- You demonstrate expert verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.