Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Zach is an Allocation Analyst in our Planning and Allocation Department. He is responsible for creating an optimal product mix at store level while looking into department and category information. Through interpretation of numerical, demographic, and market data he is able to allocate goods in order to maximize profitable store sales.
Zach loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. Since completing our 12-week training program he has gained a strong foundation of what it takes to be a successful analyst. He's always taking the initiative to look beyond the obvious solution and providing creative recommendations. He also enjoys doing extensive research for products and trends. Zach has always wanted to be a buyer, and travel the world for product, however this role has opened his eyes to many other opportunities within the organization……
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Allocation Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Analyzes the business and through partnership with Planning Managers, Associate Planners, Buyers, and peers, creates weekly shipping strategies. Uses reporting tools and considers various factors including historical sales, store volume, store size, demographics and market trends to ensure the right product is allocated to the right stores at the right time.
- Monitors store performance to ensure sales and inventory turnover targets are being met.
- Completes Winners/Homesense/Marshalls store visits and competition store visits with various business partners to critique and evaluate the product mix for brand, fashion, quality, and price. Actions findings to enhance shipping strategies.
- Updates and maintains qualitative & quantitative business tools throughout the year, daily or weekly as needed.
- For all new store locations, tracks, problem solves, and escalates issues in order to create an optional product mix.
- Visits the Distribution Centres as required in order to resolve problems related to shipments.
- Creates weekly "MAP"s (Merchandise Action Pak) in order to communicate your department's merchandising vision to all stores.
- Plans and executes in-store promotional events, recaps results, and makes recommendations for future events.
- Actively participates in special projects and initiatives within the department; this may include shipping new/specialty products, conducting product "tests", and distorting the product assortment. Analyzes results and makes recommendations to Planning and Buying business partners based on findings.
- Openly and persuasively communicates observations, ideas and recommendations to business partners at all levels within the organization
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Completed a post-secondary Degree/ Diploma.
- Strong Analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making.
- An interest in working with merchandise (products) and a basic understanding of how key factors – such as brand, fashion, quality and price – impact consumer buying behaviour.
- Strong problem-solving skills which include the ability to respond to inquiries about inventory levels and merchandise mix as well as the ability to effectively and efficiently resolve issues.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and e-mail.
- Superior interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, where partnering with others and building strong working relationships are critical.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing needs of the business, and changing priorities.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize, and re-prioritize under changing circumstances, to ensure commitments are met.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Experience in a Retail or Corporate environment considered an asset.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.