Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Shaunna is an Administrative Assistant in our Merchandise Operations Department. She is responsible for providing administrative support services to a department Assistant Vice President. This position performs administrative duties of a moderately complex nature, under general supervision.
When Shaunna first came on board, she said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored her own. Shaunna is genuine, engaging and approachable. She currently holds the top score for his department foosball tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say she could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Shaunna joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Shaunna. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Administrative Assistants, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Coordinate meetings and maintain the AVP's calendar and daily schedules.
- Ensure the smooth flow of paper, maintains schedules, arranges meetings and amenities and maintains files.
- Responds to inquiries, prepares correspondence, reports and meeting minutes; communicates pertinent information within appropriate departments.
- Sort mail, including preparing and distributing all outgoing mail.
- Organize event details such as menus, accommodation, audiovisual equipment, upgrades, agendas and maps.
- Assist the in-house Travel department with travel arrangements by providing accurate information pertaining to complete bookings of trips (e.g.. Cars, rentals, hotels, etc.)
- Accurate tracking of vacation, floater and sick days, and overtime hours for the AVP/department; weekly submission of payroll timesheets.
- Work with standard spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- May compile data and prepare reports.
- May involve handling materials of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Acts as a link between AVP and staff, internal departments, outside agencies and the public.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Advanced administrative skills including duties such as reporting, photocopying, filing, mail distribution, scheduling appointments, arranging travel, maintaining room bookings, managing equipment (fax machines, printers), etc.
- Complete working knowledge of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Basic knowledge of finance; Lotus Notes Mail.
- Strong communication skills including written (interoffice memos, reports, vendor letters, etc.); and verbal (telephone
- Issue management skills including time management (multitasking; prioritizing) including conflict management (i.e. Organizing meetings, satisfying several different time schedules); attentive to details; problem solving and decision making; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Working effectively with minimal supervision.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.