About the Organization
Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver, is located in Timmins, Ontario. The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a modern one thousand eighty metre deep shaft capable of forty-eight hundred tonnes per day.
About Timmins, Ontario
Timmins is a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. People can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year - fairs, carnivals, concerts, and more!
About the Opportunity
We are looking to hire a Warehouse Clerk to join our Bell Creek Mine in Porcupine, ON., on a full-time basis. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8 hrs/day.
Please note that this role requires relocation to the Timmins area and is not a camp-based position.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day functions within the warehouse and participate in inventory control activities including receiving, storing and issuing mine material and supplies in accordance with Company expectations. You will be required to pick internal orders and prepare them for on-site movement, operate the warehouse manitou and forklift, as well as maintain the housekeeping within the warehouse.
Reporting to the Warehouse Coordinator, the Warehouse Clerk will have the following responsibilities:
- Inventory control activities, including receiving, storing an issuing mine material and supplies
- Shipping of materials, core returns, and credits
- Clerical duties including filing
- Operate manitou forklift and pallet jack
- Maintain housekeeping
More About You
While our ideal candidate has the following qualifications, we welcome applicants who may not meet every criterion to apply.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Several years of warehousing experience is an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills (Radio use)
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of inventory management, mine materials, equipment and maintenance parts is essential
- Be committed to safety
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
As our ideal candidate, you are a motivated team player, and above all, you demonstrate compliance with all health and safety regulations.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, as well as the following benefits:
- Mine Performance Plan Incentive (bonus)
- Company-paid extended medical, prescription, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness Spending Account
- Company-paid pension plan with 8% company contribution
- Basic life/accidental life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Paid pregnancy and parental leave
- Relocation Assistance available for eligible positions
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to take the next step toward your career goals with an industry leader - apply now!
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold - Human Resources
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.