Relief VAW Crisis Worker
The Women’s Centre Grey & Bruce Inc are innovative, caring leaders in providing secure shelter, crisis intervention, safety planning, counselling and transitional services for women and children affected by abuse.
The Women’s Centre support women and children as they build safe and sustainable lives free from abuse and violence. We are experienced in providing accessible, woman-centred and compassionate services. We are committed to accountability, self-evaluation and ethical practices.
We invite applications to fill a Relief VAW Crisis Worker position. This worker will provide support including: assessment, counselling, information, referral and advocacy to our residents.
Please send a letter of application and current resume to our Program Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides group and individual abuse-specific counselling for women and their children.
- Provides telephone crisis counselling.
- Provides life skills counselling and coaching.
- Provides information about and liaison with community agencies.
- Provides legal advocacy and court support
- Conducts regular house meetings with clients.
- Plans, with the client, the client's future plans regarding employment, housing, financial needs, therapy and work on discharge plans from the Shelter
- Provides daily support and direction.
- Ensures client confidentiality.
- Reports child abuse in accordance with Child and Family Services Act and Women's Centre procedures and is available for follow-up counselling.
- Holds a university degree or college diploma in social work or a related field.
- Possesses experience in the area of Violence Against Women (VAW).
- Possesses understanding of women-abuse issues.
- Possesses experience in crisis and abuse-specific counselling.
- Possesses sound understanding of feminist issues.
- Must have a valid CPR and First Aid certification
- Must have a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Report
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
Hours: Casual On-Call across all shifts: 8am-4pm, 4pm –12am, 12am –8am week days and weekends
The Women’s Centre Grey & Bruce is a unionized work environment with LiUNA Local 3000. This position is within the bargaining unit and as such the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.