Social Services Consultant
THE SALVATION ARMY
The Salvation Army (TSA) is an international Christian church and charitable movement, established in 1865, and now active in over 130 countries worldwide. In Canada, TSA serves over 400 communities in all provinces and territories through church ministry, thrift stores, diverse social services, health and long term care services
The Social Services Consultant is responsible to provide internal consulting services and support to The Salvation Army. Working as part of a team of consultants with various specialties, the consultant will engage with stakeholders at various levels of the organization (local, divisional, territorial), supporting them in offering mission-drive and outcomes-focused programming.
- Plan, implement and evaluate projects directed at increasing the capacity of The Salvation Army to provide exemplary programming;
- Provide internal consulting services to assigned areas;
- Support stakeholders in planning, operating, evaluating and improving programs, developing processes and systems, securing adequate funding, complying with organizational and funder expectations;
- Support stakeholders in successfully completing The Salvation Army’s internal accreditation process;
- Participate in assigned boards, capital project and other committees, as required;
- Participate in planning and coordinating conferences, workshops and national events;
- Actively participate as a member of the Territorial Social Services Department Team;
- Other duties as requested
Documentation, Standards and Continuous Improvement:
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and monitor changing response/new approaches to service provisions;
- Develop documents e.g. tools, reports, reviews, standards, sample policies, guidelines, FAQs etc. for The Salvation Army programs and staff on relevant issues;
- Maintain membership in relevant associations;
Critical Relationship Management:
- Participate as a member of the Territorial Social Services Department Team;
- Regular interaction with other territorial departmental staff, divisional staff and MU management;
- Network with government as well as other social service and health providers and other stakeholders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate degree in Health or Social Service Administration, Social Work, Humanities, or other relevant combination of education and experience from an accredited program;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Management role;
- Working knowledge of social services administration and program development;
- Working knowledge of social service systems nationally;
- Demonstrated skill in change management, communication, coaching and/or facilitation;
- Flexibility to travel frequently within Canada;
- Ability to prepare and present education material;
- Computer literacy with word processing, webinars, powerpoint, publisher, spreadsheet and database skills
ROLE COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, public and community agencies;
- Ability to deal with others effectively within a team setting and to use judgment and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set, organize and accomplish objectives;
- A critical thinker with advanced capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong communication skills;
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Relationship management and influencing skills.
Please include the competition # 18-066 in the subject line of the email.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
(416) 422-6352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Employee Relations Department
Please no phone calls.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com