The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in more than 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Live on-site in order to respond to on-call requests and respond to fire and emergency situations at all times
- Be responsible for general cleanliness, repairs, safety and security of the project
- Order building maintenance supplies with the approval of the Property Manager
- Conduct regular inspections of all the building systems and machinery
- Responsible for Interior Maintenance and daily inspection of common areas.
- Complete minor interior maintenance for common areas, and resident suites when requested
- Keep laundry room and appliances clean and in working condition.
- Clean and maintain Guest Suites as required.
- Setup common rooms for resident events, including room rentals.
Exterior Maintenance (including Underground Parking Garage)
- Keep sidewalks, parking areas/garage and driveways clean at all times.
- Keep all walkways, driveways, and the parking lot clear of snow and ice.
- Keep windows, glass doors, etc. at entrances and exterior doors clean at all times.
- Arrange for underground parking garage and catch basins to be cleaned annually
- Arrange for operation and maintenance of irrigation system
- The Residential Caretaker will fill out an incident report in the event of an accident or incident.
- The Residential Caretaker is to assist the Property Manager in all annual inspections of the project and the suites.
- The Residential Caretaker may be required from time to time, to accept and perform other job related duties as requested by the Property Manager.
ROLE COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Friendly with focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both written and oral
- Strong team player who can remain calm in fast paced environment
- Mature, professional attitude and image with a strong work ethic
- Flexible and can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- 2-3 years of prior related experience in the areas of custodial services, administration, and general repairs.
- Flexibility to work on-call on weekends and evenings and statutory holidays as required;
- Able to provide an original copy of a Background Check screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion; the screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment;
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Fax or E-mail:
(416) 422-6352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Employee Relations Department
Please no phone calls.