Administrative Assistant - Property
The Salvation Army is an international Christian denomination and social services organization, operating in 131 countries worldwide. In Canada, the Army’s operations comprise 500 individual registered charities with assets of over $1 billion, an annual operating budget of nearly $500 million, 900 commissioned officers (pastors), 10,000 employees, and thousands of volunteers, the Army is one of the largest charities in Canada.
The Property Administrative Assistant provides support to the Property Secretary (PS) and Assistant Property Secretary (APS), and is also responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Property department.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing corporate Visa and Element invoices
- Handling department mail
- Provide support services to the Fleet Department as directed by the Property Secretary
- Assigning security cards to employees
- Maintaining a log of all Territorial Headquarters (THQ) parking tags
- Convey maintenance issues and work requests for maintenance personnel in conjunction with Assistant Property Secretary
- Ordering and maintaining office equipment and inventory control and ordering of office supplies
- Management of account invoicing
- Scheduling/Invoicing for Program vehicles
- Logging and maintaining insurance liability files
- Manage calendar and email for Property Secretary
- Prepare property board agenda and minutes, including reviewing, recording and documenting approval authorizations on a bi-weekly basis.
- Making travel arrangement for Property Secretary and maintaining travel records and approvals for all Property Department personnel
- Preparing weekly meeting files
- Maintaining record of the Salvation Army burial plots, handling allocation and opening requests for graves, correspondence and invoicing regarding plot charges.
- Responsible for memorial plaques and their placement on the monument at Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- Processing miscellaneous invoices relating to THQ
- Reviewing and upgrading office procedures as necessary
- Maintaining employees files and assist in preparing annual appraisal reports for all staff
- Serve as the timekeeper for the property department through HRIS
- Other duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in Business Administration from an accredited program
- 3-5 years of prior related experience in an Administrative role
- Experience working with various office equipment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Suite
- Highly organized
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral, written, telephone)
- Client Service oriented
- Team Player
- Computer/Technical Skills (Microsoft Office, drop box etc.)
- Excellent Judgment/Decision-making skills
Applications Accepted by:
Fax or E-mail:
(416) 422-6352 or email@example.com
Attention: Employee Relations Department
Please include the competition # 18-060 in the subject line of your email.
Please no phone calls.