Residential Counsellors / Day Program Counsellors
The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries Hamilton is a network of community partnerships and services developed to assist people with developmental disabilities to be full members of their communities. The philosophy of our program is to assist people in gaining skills to live to their maximum potential in all areas of their lives residential, day opportunities, social, health & wellness and spiritual.
We are a community based organization offering residential, group living, supported independent living, employment supports, Art Therapy, bus training, and a wide variety of meaningful day opportunities for individuals we support. Our goal is to deliver high quality programs that reflect the needs of the individuals we support, while working in a team environment and upholding the Salvation Army’s vision, mission, and values.
We are currently looking for new members of our team who are eager to make a real, positive impact in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Developmental Social Worker Diploma or equivalent in Human Services field.
- ASD Background and experience working with difficult behaviours an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and vulnerable populations, essential.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluation of effective individualized program plans.
- Experience in assessing and networking with community and accessing necessary resources.
- Current First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Defibrillation training and current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required
- Pharmacology training and experience in medication administration necessary.
- Lifts & Transfer training an asset.
- Personal Care Support experience an asset.
- Driver’s license as well as Driver’s Abstract would be an asset but not required.
- Current Police Check required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to provide a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and e-mail
- French language written and verbal skills an asset
- Computer literacy necessary.
- 0-44 hours per week (Multiple positions)
- Part Time Positions (may include evening and weekend shifts)
- Full Time Positions (may include evening and weeknd shifts)
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
If you feel that you have the skills to join our team, email your resume to: email@example.com
Please note, this position is not eligible for RRSP or Health Benefits.
Start Date: ASAP