We believe that music has the power to unleash imaginations and build minds and that a formal music education is a proven way to achieve this. If you would like to help us in our mission of developing human potential, we would love you to join us! The Marketing team at The Royal Conservatory is responsible for raising awareness of the numerous RCM education programs and resources and for enhancing the brand’s reputation as a leader in music education.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will be a key support member of the Marketing team assisting on a range of projects and events to support the growth of The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program, RCM Publishing and RCM Teacher Programs.
- Manage the development and execution of specific Marketing projects including, but not limited to, management of the RCM Teacher Certification Renewal process and the publication of the new Classical Guitar sampler.
- Write marketing communications content for a variety of vehicles including emails, website, promotional materials and corporate collateral related to the RCM Certificate program.
- Track/re-order marketing collaterals inventory.
- Assist the Marketing Team in keeping track of key projects.
- Assist with photo editing and graphic design for a variety of marketing communications materials including print collateral, tradeshow materials, newsletters, social media, web banners, etc. as required.
- Support Media and Government Outreach initiatives, as required.
- Manage numerous Marketing budgets and ensure that expenses are being allocated to the appropriate departments and are being recorded and submitted for processing in a timely manner.
- Monitor the market, conduct research, and report on competitive activities.
- Represent the company at conferences and events as needed.
- Provide marketing support for Royal Conservatory events prior to the event and also assist in day-of execution of events as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A college diploma and/or university degree in business or communications
- One-to-two years’ marketing experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required
- Experience with either Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign is required
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong proactivity and ability to manage and problem-solve multiple projects
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Positive attitude and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- A background in music and/or experience with The Royal Conservatory’s system of music study and examinations is an asset
The Royal Conservatory of Music is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM’s Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory by Friday, April 20, 2018. Please note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline should a suitable candidate be identified. Please also note that applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their submissions and will contact only those selected for an interview.