Director, Project Management Office
Director, Project Management Office
Real Estate Council of Ontario
Our client, the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO), is seeking a Director, Project Management Office (PMO). This is a new position reporting to the Chief Operations Officer. RECO’s purpose is to foster confidence and uphold integrity in real estate transactions by regulating in the public interest the activity of 80,000 individuals trading in real estate. RECO is located in Toronto and has 160 employees.
The Director will need to have hands-on experience setting up a PMO organization. The Director manages day-to-day activities and provides the oversight to help ensure that projects meet organization goals and requirements, and ensures that information concerning content (e.g., deliverables, risks, issues) passes to and from project sponsors. The PMO Director also implements and provides guidance and leadership related to PMO processes, policies, and best practices. The Director will provide support to other department leaders and project managers to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. The Director will be responsible for providing a consistent portfolio, program, and project metrics and reporting to senior management and project sponsors. Policies to manage and mitigate risk and ensure compliance across all projects will be established. Overall, RECO’s project delivery capability will be improved for consistency, predictability, and efficiency.
Key deliverables for the Director PMO will include:
- Develop a Project Charter, Communications Plan and Change Management Plan for the launch of the PMO
- Develop project intake workflow
- Develop standardized project reporting templates
- Develop organization project management and change management standards
- Develop a performance management system for organizational projects
- Launch PMO
Candidates will have PMP (project management) certification and preferably a MBA. Six Sigma experience and change management accreditation (CMP/Prosci/ADKAR) are desired. Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes, and approaches will be necessary. Candidates will have at least five years’ of comparable project management experience, including in all aspects of process development and execution, in a business and/or consulting environment. Additional qualifications, attributes and experience include –
- Experience at working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, customers, and other departments.
- Demonstrated capacity to adjust and respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Able to defuse tension among project teams, should it arise.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in confidence with résumé, and cover letter addressing RECO’s requirements and including a statement of compensation expectations, to
The Portage Group
Attention: Jack Shand, FCMC
Individuals selected for interview may expect to be contacted in November. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is available.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com