Must be able to relocate to northern Canada – Nunavut, Northwest Territories and north most regions of the provinces
Five reasons why The North West Company is your next career choice:
- Lifestyle: You will embark on a retail adventure in parts of Canada that many people don’t get to see or experience;
- Compensation: Our housing, food and relocation allowances will allow you to save more money and accomplish financial stability;
- Career Progression: We encourage entrepreneurship and allow managers to operate as owners. The enterprising spirit helped groom many store employees to corporate positions;
- Making a difference: Store managers are a big a part of our communities and help enrich people’s lives; and
- Stability: We have been enterprising since 1668, and we continue to grow our operations.
Store Managers at The North West Company (NWC) are retail leaders that empower team members to take initiatives and achieve results. If you are willing to leverage your enterprising spirit to run your store like an owner, and a driven customer engagement expert; this opportunity is for you!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2- 5 years’ experience as a Store Manager or General Manager in a high volume grocery and/or retail environment;
- Education or training in retail, business, or marketing-related field is an asset;
- You’re happy to take on responsibility as a good team leader and remain calm under pressure, in a fast- paced environment;
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- Your approachable demeanor makes you a fantastic team leader and mentor;
- You effectively prioritize duties and pay close attention to detail, aiding your strength in overseeing stock control and receiving orders;
- You’re innovative, creative and dynamic with high levels of enthusiasm to succeed, strengthening your ability to communicate at all levels;
- You drive a culture that empowers your colleagues to strive for excellence for their customers, and you adapt to change to diversity on the fly; and
- You’re a role model to your colleagues and community
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive salary is along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization.