Learning Technology Support
Department: Learning Technologies
Reports to: Leader, Learning Technologies
Job Summary: Are you a person that enjoys working closely with technology? Someone who enjoys on-demand problem solving while supporting exciting new educational offerings? The Insurance Institute of Canada is looking to fill the Education Technology Support role to help envision the future of online learning. The Education Technology Support role provides technical and administrative support for the LMS and virtual conferencing software, as well as provides engaging training and support for end users. If you would like to be a part of a growing team that continues to expand the use of learning technologies within education, we would be happy to hear from you.
About the Insurance Institute
The Insurance Institute is the premier source of professional education and career development for the country’s property and casualty insurance industry. Established in 1899, the Institute is a not-for-profit organization serving more than 40,000 members across Canada through 19 volunteer-driven provincial institutes and chapters. Over 20,000 of those members are students and more than 17,000 are graduates who have earned the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) designation. We are a founding member of the Institute for Global Insurance Education (IGIE).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide troubleshooting support to end-users (e.g., staff, students, and instructors) with various LMS and Learning technologies.
- Maintain detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance and steps taken to resolve them.
- Preparation and support in the cyclical preparation of course materials for online delivery.
- Deliver formalized training/workshops for instructors on the use of various Learning Technologies, including video conferencing software.
- Assist in the design and development of various technical training and support resources.
- Provide scheduled on-call after hours/weekend support for end-users.
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of the LMS and other learning technologies.
- Assist the Programs/Licensing development teams in the creation and maintenance of online learning assets.
- Remain up to date on existing and emerging online learning trends, technology, and update support resources as necessary.
- Provide support and administration for the delivery of scheduled webinars and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Introductory to Intermediate experience with LMS platforms, video conferencing tools, other education technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with immediate team and internal partners
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail and process oriented
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of WCAG2.0 and AODA compliance and the impacts on delivery of education.
- Willingness and ability to be available for on-call duties or to work shift hours.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in Information Systems, Computer Studies, or a related field.
- 1-2 Years of proven work experience providing technical support to end-users.
- Web Development with CSS
- Administration experience in Moodle, Zoom, Adobe Connect.
To apply: Qualified applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to January 21, 2022.
Candidates will be expected to adhere to the Institute’s mandatory vaccination policy and provide proof of full vaccination for employment.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.