Support Services Social Worker
- Nurture your career potential with a growing, world-class, First Nations Organization.
- Make a difference in the lives of the children and families in the beautiful community of Bella Bella on the BC Central Coast.
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
Heiltsuk Kaxla Society (HKS) is a non-profit, Aboriginal child and family services agency located on the BC central coast. HKS serves the Heiltsuk people by delivering child and family services. With a mission to work with and support children, families and other agencies, HKS is mandated to ensure that children are safe, uplifted and respected while being grounded in their culture with a strong sense of belonging.
About the Opportunity
Are you enthusiastic about embracing new initiatives and challenges?
Heiltsuk Kaxla Society has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and understanding Support Services Social Worker to join our close-knit team in Bella Bella on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Director of Practice, you will be responsible for monitoring care homes, supporting families, and collaborating with the Executive Director, Director of Practice, Child Safety Team, the Ministry of Child and Family Development and a variety of other service providers to ensure that the highest level of care and support is provided to the Heiltsuk Kaxla Society caregivers.
To qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Child & Youth Care, Social Work or a related field combined with a minimum C3 Designation and at least 2 years of experience in the child welfare field, family services or child and youth care.
A strong understanding of child welfare systems is important, as are the following:
- SAFE Certification (preferred)
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a recent driver’s abstract
- Knowledge of the Child, Family, and Community Service Act and other applicable legislation, such as AOPSI
- An understanding of the impact of colonization on Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn about the Heiltsuk Nation, culture, traditions and values
This role is well suited to an organized individual who has exceptional time management skills and the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet competing deadlines. Outstanding problem solving and both written and oral communication skills are essential.
Above all, you must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and establish positive working relationships with a variety of teams/groups, community members, organizations and other stakeholders.
About the Benefits
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The organization truly values its employees and supports training and professional development in a casual team environment.
The Heiltsuk Kaxla Society offers a family-friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, including:
- Full Benefits (Short, Long, Health, Extended Health and Pension)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Paid Statutory Holidays
- Regularly scheduled social events
- Two roundtrip tickets from Bella Bella to Vancouver annually
- Singing bonus, relocation assistance and subsidized housing
This position is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role giving you the chance to finish each working day knowing you have truly made a difference to your colleagues and the organization.
If you're looking for a position that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction - Apply Now! For full details and to apply, please visit https://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/103700