Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representative
Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
The start date is October 9, 2018.
Our Distribution team aspires to be the leader in client engagement among Canadian Insurers. We strive to provide a seamless and personalized client experience. Our knowledgeable and trusted team is committed to delivering financial services solutions to meet our clients' unique needs. The Customer Service and Insurance Sales Representative is responsible for providing quality customer service, underwriting and sales to new and existing clients over the telephone.
What you’re responsible for:
- Quote and sell basic automobile and property insurance to clients in accordance with the sales quality call flow, sales processes and underwriting guidelines.
- Advise and coach clients on what type of coverage/policy would best meet their needs with some guidance as needed.
- Identify and make recommendations for additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Provide fundamental front line underwriting during client transactions and in determining whether a client qualifies for a quotation.
- Achieve set goals for customer service, sales, quality and productivity with guidance.
What to expect:
- This role operates in a call centre environment where a high level of audio and visual concentration is required for extended periods of time.
- Rotational shifts outside of standard business hours, Monday through Saturday.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You influence change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- You leverage critical thinking skills to identify problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- Completed Post-secondary education.
- Insurance experience an asset.
- Previous sales and service experience an asset.
- Knowledge or ability to learn selling techniques.
- Meet all provincial licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain & maintain all required licences (RIBO).
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.