Sr. Officer, Community Fundraising
Do you love animals? Are you a passionate and experienced fundraiser? The results-driven BC SPCA Revenue Development team exemplifies excellence through professionalism, compassion and innovation. Our collaborative and dynamic team raises more than $27 million annually to help vulnerable animals across B.C. Come join us!
This position leads on BC SPCA Kelowna Branch fundraising activities, working relatively independently to ensure a healthy fundraising program. This position will manage a portfolio of individual and corporate donors and fundraisers, including cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship. This position will lead planning and execution of signature events, including our Offleashed Kelowna Gala, and support third-party events. This position will work with the local branch manager, volunteer committees, and provincial fundraising team as appropriate on a campaign-by-campaign basis. This position will provide leadership in the community to raise profile and revenues for provincial campaigns and branch fundraising initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will use your proven fundraising skill set, donor-centric mindset, and proactive attitude to sustain and grow revenue for the Society. Your professionalism, diplomacy and creative thinking will initiate and maintain strong relationships in the Kelowna community. You have excellent time management skills and attention to detail. You have demonstrated ability to work independently, critically analyze opportunities, and work toward a long-term vision.
The BC SPCA assists nearly forty-nine thousand animals in need every year and are funded by compassionate animal lovers who support our work and partner with us to protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in B.C. We are 124 years young and have 44 locations throughout BC, including our provincial office in Vancouver.
The BC SPCA compensation structure is regularly reviewed and adjusted based on external benchmarks. Starting placement on the range for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Knowledge & Qualifications / Skills Required:
- University degree plus 5-8 years fundraising experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Major gift experience including cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major donors.
- Fundraising event experience, including planning, execution, and collaboration with volunteer committees, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to succeed with limited direction in an environment involving competing priorities/deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and confidence to communicate at all levels with poise and influence.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- A demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative and well organized.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, as needed for events, with reasonable notice.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to donors.
- Professional demeanor, attire and presentation.
- Knowledge of protection of privacy legislation and ability to maintain confidential records.
- Knowledgeable of and comfortable with databases - Raiser’s Edge experience an asset.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License and access to a vehicle as travel may be required.
If you are up for the challenge, are looking for an opportunity to be involved in a great cause and are legally entitled to work in Canada, please submit your cover letter with salary expectations and resume together as one document when applying to: http://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We thank you for your interest in joining the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.