Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Liaises with: Assistant Head Enrolment Management
Summary of Position:
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development and delivery of key communications initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the school, promote its vision, mission and values, and uphold its brand and standards in the marketplace. While a member of the Communications and Marketing Department, a large part of the role is focused on supporting Enrolment Management and Student Recruiting marketing and communications initiatives.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Assists in the development and deployment of student recruitment materials
- Generates and analyzes communications/marketing data, demographic research and analysis using data-gathering technology and vendors
- Collaborates on the development of national and international recruitment campaigns to attract student applications – including print and digital advertising, print collateral, signage, web design, social media and video
- Manages the development and production of school-related print and digital collaterals, working with department staff and vendors to achieve a high level of quality and innovation which accurately reflect the BSS brand
- Maintains efficient department systems, policies, and processes upholding industry best practices in project management
- Works collaboratively across departments
- Prioritizes and manages school-wide support requests, working collaboratively with other departments to confirm and clarify goals and deliverables
- Monitors and upholds the BSS brand, marketing and communications standards, editing and proofing all materials for quality control and provides guidance, support and consultation to other departments on strategic communications, branding and project management
- Develops in-house ad hoc digital design and oversees work of professional designers
- Handles office administration, including organizing vendor invoicing and department meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ marketing and communications experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, agency and/or education setting
- Marketing/Communications degree or diploma and/or a related combination of experience, including project management
- Superior strategic communications, writing and editing skills in digital and print platforms
- Project management expertise, ability to prioritize and meet tight timelines
- Data generation, analysis and measurement skills
- Digital design skills and high level of expertise within Mac environment
- Professional manner and a strong customer-service orientation
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the school year
- A sense of humour
- Commitment to and passion for furthering the work of the school and girls’ education.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to email@example.com indicating Marketing Specialist position in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca