Graphic Designer and Content Specialist
Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Graphic Designer and Content Specialist
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Summary of Position:
The Graphic Designer and Content Specialist is responsible for the development, design and delivery of key communications initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the school, promote its vision, mission and values, and uphold its brand and standards.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Creates and co-ordinates the content, development, design and production of digital and print collaterals, working with department staff and vendors to achieve a high level of quality and innovation, and an accurate reflection of the BSS brand and communications standards
- Develops and maintains efficient department systems, policies, regulations and processes, upholding industry best practices in project management and oversees major department projects
- Prioritizes and manages school-wide support requests, liaising with other departments to confirm and clarify goals and deliverables
- Monitors and upholds the BSS brand and communications standards, editing and proofing all materials for quality control and provides guidance, support and consultation to other departments on strategic communications, branding and project management
- Handles office administration, including organizing vendor invoicing and department meetings
- Commits to the Staff Growth and Evaluation Program
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ graphic design experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, agency and/or education setting
- Demonstrated experience writing copy for a variety of communications and marketing collateral pieces
- Graphic Design degree or diploma and/or a related combination of experience, including project management
- Skilled using graphic design software for document design and editing within the the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficient in content management systems for web design, such as video editing, FinalCut Pro and iMovie
- Experience in back end editing of WordPress websites as well as Blackbaud
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management expertise, ability to prioritize and meet tight timelines
- Expertise in print production
- Data generation, analysis and measurement skills
- Digital design skills and high level of expertise within Mac environment
- Professional manner, customer-service orientation and comfortable with fast-paced environment
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the school year
- A sense of humour
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Graphic Designer and Content Specialist position in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca