Administrative Assistant, Student Recruiting
Founded in 1867, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) is Canada’s oldest day and boarding school for girls, offering rigorous academic programs and a full co-curricular program to challenge and inspire every student. With an expert faculty, skilled staff, state-of-the-art resources including a spectacular new arts and science wing, and a dynamic and supportive environment, BSS is a leading day and boarding school for girls in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12, and an exceptional workplace for those committed to excellence, innovation and continuous learning. We are seeking exemplary candidates to fill the position of:
Administrative Assistant, Student Recruiting
Reports to: Assistant Head, Enrolment Management
Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant supports the Assistant Head, Enrolment Management and the Student Recruiting Team in the day-to-day organization and administration of the Student Recruiting office. The Administrative Assistant is expected to work in a collegial manner as a member of a high performing team and in keeping with the school’s strategic vision, mission and values.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Handles all Student Recruiting inquiries warmly, accurately and professionally
- Schedules interviews and tours for prospective students and parents and acts as the face of the Student Recruiting Office greeting all visitors upon arrival
- Organizes and works collaboratively with the Student Recruiting Associates in supporting an effective Parent Ambassador and Student Ambassador program
- Creates and maintains applicant files from inquiry to enrolment, ensuring information needed for each file is received and stored in myBSS database system
- Co-ordinates data flow among multiple data systems to maximize the enrolment management process
- Creates and manages accurate and timely reports during peak periods of both enrolment and re-enrolment
- Ensures enrolment information is shared with the appropriate constituency groups within the school on a regular basis
- Liaises with the Finance Team in the processing of new enrolment registrations
- Liaises with Administrative Assistants in various areas of the school on a regular basis to ensure consistency and continuity of process in communication with new families and students in the transition to BSS
- Co-ordinates and edits all correspondence to prospective parents and new parent groups ensuring alignment with Communications standards
- Leads in the research and development of the OnBoard system to ensure Student Recruiting is utilizing the new system to its utmost potential
- Assists and supports in the engagement of strategic outreach through research and communication with educational consultants and relocation firms in support of Student Recruiting strategic focus
- Attends the Administrative Specialists Team meetings
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Experience in an educational environment, preferably in the independent school system
- Strong customer service focus
- Exceptional technology and analytical skills:
- expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- experience in the Google environment - including drive, docs, sheets, calendars and communities
- expertise in extracting, manipulating and updating data from multiple database systems
- working knowledge of OnSuite (Blackbaud), specifically OnBoard
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability and interest in taking initiative
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under time pressure and manage multi data sources within a fast-paced environment with flexibility
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and energetic environment
- Experience working directly with students
- Strong interpersonal skills, both in person and over the telephone
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a positive outlook
- Sense of humour
- A second language is an asset
- Commitment to and passion for furthering the work of the school and girls’ education.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Administrative Assistant, Student Recruiting in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca