Technical Customer Service Agent - TELUS Health - Full-Time (Kelowna)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer service agent within the TELUS Health - Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Support team!
The TELUS Health - EMR Support team is an industry leader in the development and implementation of EMR software solutions in Canada.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Technical Customer Service Agent, you will have to ability to use your technical expertise and take initiative in troubleshooting and analyzing various aspects of the Med Access Software system and various hardware items. You will work together with your team and supervisors to ensure clients receive the very best customer service while resolving their questions and issues in a timely fashion. The ability to communicate in French is considered an asset, but not mandatory.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with technology, and love to work in a collaborative environment, then read on as this job is for you!
- Assist customers by answering questions by phone and email
- Diagnose issues spanning products outside of your primary responsibility including third party software and multiple vendor operating system (OS) and hardware environments
- Identify and document product bugs and feature requests and work with internal support teams as well as the customer to effectively document the issue and implement solutions
- Actively participate in the creation and continued evolution of content for the knowledge base
- Adhere to Incident, Problem, Change and Service Management based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Provide over the phone training on ideal and/or recommended software and hardware use
- Foster a collaborative environment which focuses on delivering timely resolution to client inquiries
- Promote a cohesive, team environment throughout all levels of the help desk
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with networking, data center systems and various hardware components
- Ability to research using internal knowledge bases and public-facing documentation
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to obtain necessary information
- Exhibits a strong desire to succeed and focuses on the best interest of the team and clients
- Flexible to change and resilient to stressful situations
- Contact center experience in a technical support or customer service role
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Physician office workflow
- Electronic medical systems
- Application development
- Operating Systems
- Computer hardware and peripherals
- Experienced working in a clinical environment
- Medical Office Assistant (MOA) certification
- Bilingualism in English & French
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVÂ™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.