Taxation Analyst III (Senior Associate)
Ready to deploy your taxation expertise?
As a Taxation Analyst III (Senior Associate), you will be an integral part of the TELUS Taxation team supporting the whole of TELUS and its various entities and businesses.
Our team is looking for YOU - someone who is just as excited about the Tax Act as they are about people!
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
At the core of your talents is your innate ability to communicate, always "in-the-know", you transform your business acumen and in-depth taxation knowledge into a clear format that stakeholders understand, working together to determine the best solution for TELUS as a whole.
If you're ready to hit the ground running with a knowledgeable, collaborative and dedicated team, read on...
- Compliance with tax regulations and filing requirements including reviewing and analyzing corporate financial records, researching and determining proper tax treatment for a wide variety of transactions, preparing and reviewing Canadian/provincial income tax returns, and reviewing assessments and tax payments
- Support the management of audits conducted by Canadian Taxation authorities including meetings with government representatives, responding to audit queries, reviewing reassessment proposals, researching legislation, preparing position papers, filing Notices of Objection, negotiating resolutions and supporting litigation as required
- Support the tax advisory process for a variety of corporate initiatives including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, information systems development, corporate reorganizations, process and efficiency initiatives, treasury financing activities, and employee benefits
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Intermediate knowledge of the tax regulations and filing requirements to ensure compliance with the Income Tax Act of Canada
- Strong financial accounting knowledge
- Expertise in Microsoft (MS) Excel, Word & Taxprep or other tax preparation software
- Knowledge of SAP and other common MS Office tools
Big Thinker & Trusted Advisor:
- Strong ability to analyze complex issues and transactions from a taxation perspective including reviewing and researching technical taxation materials and legislation and identifying various alternatives with assessment of their strengths and weaknesses and making practical recommendations aligned with corporate goals and initiatives
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact confidently with senior management, business stakeholders, taxation authorities and peers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to scope out difficult tasks, set objectives and goals, develop schedules, prioritize multiple activities, and anticipate roadblocks
- Able to manage multiple deliverables to meet deadlines and goals in a fast-paced, complex and ever-changing environment
Collaborative Team Player:
- Strong emphasis on working together as a team with potential to lead teams on moderately complex projects
- Able to work well in a cross-functional team environment, creating and maintaining strong working relationships across the TELUS team
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and ethics with a strong desire to learn and become a value-add team member
- Undergraduate degree & Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Successful completion of year 1 and completion of or working towards year 2 of the CPA Canada In-depth tax course
- 3-5 years of taxation experience; medium/large corporate environment preferred