Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
Do you have a passion for sales performance excellence and for creating exceptional customer experiences? Looking for a career filled with excitement, often generated from opportunities you found and seized upon?
At TELUS, we're looking for accomplished sales professionals who are obsessed with exceeding customer expectations and surpassing revenue targets. As part of the Commercial Sector Sales team in British Columbia (BC) within the TELUS Business Solutions organization, you are part of a premiere sales culture, consulting on our customers' business, and successfully achieving business goals. As part TELUS Business Solutions, you represent the TELUS brand, values, and promise.
We're looking for a sales professional who is obsessed with exceeding customer expectations and surpassing revenue targets. This junior sales position supports the development of long term key business relationships by positioning TELUS as a key component of the client's business strategy. If you are a passionate person looking for a challenging opportunity, join our team today.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
In this fast paced customer-facing, revenue generating role, you will interface with and sell to midmarket business accounts in BC. The primary focus of the position is growth and retention of the assigned account base with wireline and wireless responsibility, while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by collaborating with the account team to drive real and long standing business value.
As a Sales Associate, you will champion TELUS inside of customer organizations and advocate for the customer inside of TELUS. You will work closely with your assigned Sales Executives to leverage the broad capabilities of TELUS, from connectivity and network backbone, to managed services, security solutions, unified communication, Internet of Things (IoT) and mobility, and various subject matter experts (SMEs) in the internal environment and partner community.
- Consult and recommend TELUS solutions which align with the client's needs
- Develop and drive new growth opportunities within the account base
- Increase coverage by targeting operational levels and handling all change requests
- Engage in proactive up-selling, identify opportunities, and pass leads to Sales Executives and executives
- Provide accurate and timely forecast, funnel hygiene, target/objective updates to deliver on territory plans, and team's annual targets
- Engage the client and collaborate with the Sales Executive to develop account plans, opportunity plans, and call plans
- Supports the Sales Executive to manage account coverage: Target Account Selling (TAS) completeness, quality, and pipeline management to foster business management and delivery information management
- Prepares costing estimates, develops quotes, statement of work (SoW), and delivers proposals
- Maintain relationship at D-level
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
You are likely in a similar position, today, with knowledge and experience points across much of the following:
- Strong customer focus and customer advocate who takes accountability
- 1-2 years of sales experience and/or 3-5 years of sales support experience
- Strategic integrated thinking abilities and can connect the dots on what we are doing, why we are doing it and how to best action
- Understanding of account goals and ability to apply concepts to drive short and long term goals as per account plans
- An understanding of corporate structure and an ability to create and support relationships crossing lines of business and lines of management
- Communication talent: Ability to build rapport, ask questions to understand, and follow the lead of the sales executive to arrive at positive outcomes
- Grit, energy, and drive: Determined ability to bounce back and approach set-backs as opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of TELUS products and services
- Knowledge of third wave solutions to facilitate discussions with customers on business opportunities