Digital Home Technician (Home Solutions Advisor)
Broadband Networks is laying the foundation for the future - connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our TELUS PureFibreÂ™ network. Our team members aren't afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo - it's at our core. Working closely with our colleagues across TELUS, our mission is to craft a connected world where our customers thrive.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
Our technicians are the face of TELUS in our communities and trusted advisors in the home, providing exceptional service experiences and expert recommendations to ensure our customers receive the full benefits of our growing suite of products and services.
As a Home Solutions Advisor, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting TV, Internet, home phone and security services while driving future growth for TELUS by provide exemplary customer service and education to our customers face to face on both new and existing products in the customer's home. As a trusted member of the team and onsite support to our loyal customers you will also highlight any sales opportunities designed to help our customers get the best out of their TELUS experience.
- Has a real passion for technology
- Loves helping others and finding ways to share your knowledge
- Enjoys being part of a team and working collaboratively with others
- We need passionate and enthusiastic people, who will provide considerate and dedicated personalized customer service, that want to start their exciting career at TELUS
Comprehensive paid training will be provided for 6 to 8 weeks to ensure your career success at TELUS.
Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage of $20.00 with added performance incentives, annual bonuses and health benefits. We also offer employee share purchase plans, service discounts and additional benefits. You will have the chance to create a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Finally, a career you'll love .
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Provides exceptional customer experiences, overcoming objections and handling both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions
- Comfortable with solutions based selling, recommending products to your customers and up-selling TELUS services and products
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and can also work with minimal supervision
- Broad problem solving abilities and analytical skills
- Able to maintain a high level of performance while working with time constraints in a dynamic work environment
- Normal colour vision which is required to work with colour-coded wiring
- Can balance a physically demanding workload, which includes standing, lifting, climbing, bending, crawling in confined spaces and working in a variety of indoor/outdoor environments
- Able to work various shifts: days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, to meet business needs and customer availability including out of town assignments
- Fluent in English with a clear and genuine communication style; additional languages considered beneficial
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Natural technical aptitude, and proficient knowledge of common consumer electronic devices
- Dedicated to continuous learning with abilities to learn formally and informally in a dynamic environment
- Meet applicable testing requirements
- Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent; a driver's abstract will be needed
- Completed a minimum of Grade 11 Math; we'll need your transcripts and/or diplomas
- Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications
Note : Criminal Background Check will be required and a Security Alarm Installer License may be required in the future. You will need to be able to clear both.
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TVÂ™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.