Developer Analyst III - Development Services
Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies!
Are you interested in building the next great application?
You will join a team of developers building innovative applications that are designed to put our customers first. You are not scared of a challenge or pushing boundaries which will empower you to build the highest quality products and services. Of course you're are always up to date on the latest tech and are surrounded by best in class developers who will help you build your skills and take your career to the next level.
We are the Development Services team within Business Transformation & Operations (BTO), a team dedicated to meeting the needs of over 14 million customers, every day. There's always a lot going on but the team does a great job at supporting and building applications that help TELUS mobile, residential and business customers communicate with TELUS. We work with lots of different development technologies and people so there is always something to learn.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Developer Analyst, you will join a center of excellence, working with cross functional and system teams to design, build and deliver complex applications and platforms to satisfy client needs. You'll help advance development standard initiatives within this Centre of Excellence (CoE) by leveraging your expertise, experience and passion for innovation. In this role, you'll help define and implement industry best practices in the areas of code quality, test automation, cloud and DevOps into our development standards at TELUS.
- Analyze business requirements and provide solution approaches and estimate work effort
- Provide, design and solution for new features, enhancements and improvements
- Develop quality solutions through adherence to coding standards and test automation
- Support system release and deployment activities
- Investigate, triage and support defect resolution and operational issues
- Collaborate with fellow developers and technology architects to drive our CoE initiatives and enhance our software development processes within TELUS
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Known for your Java/Java Enterprise Edition (EE) expertise, 1.6 and/or higher
- Passionate about project work and continual skills and professional development
- Web services development experience with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) & Representational State Transfer (REST)
- Exposure to the Spring framework: Model-View-Controller (MVC), Spring Boot
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle & Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with an Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework such as MyBatis or Hibernate
- Practical experience with tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Jira
- Working knowledge of various software development methodologies: Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and poise when faced with difficult challenges
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift
- Hands-on experience with Agile development