At TTi, people come for the opportunity and stay for the culture!
Job Description Summary
POSITION: Facilities Manager
LOCATION: TTI Toronto Headquarters
REPORTS TO: HR
TTI is a world-class leader in design, manufacturing, and marketing of power tools, outdoor power equipment, and floorcare products, as well as hand tools and accessories. We cover a wide range of industries, and our customers vary from consumers to professionals. Our unrelenting strategic focus on powerful brands, innovative products, operational excellence, and exceptional people drives our culture. This focus provides TTI with a platform for sustainable leadership and growth.
Our brands and products are recognized worldwide for their deep heritage, superior quality, outstanding performance, and compelling innovation. Our customers have access to leading brands such as Milwaukee®, RYOBI®, Hoover®, and HART®.
TTI is where culture meets opportunity. We are fast paced, our team is highly energetic, and we reward innovative thinking. TTI is a place to explore your potential, where wins are celebrated, and leaders are visible and accessible.
TTI Canada is looking for an action-oriented Facilities Manager to join our growing and dynamic team! This position is responsible for managing and providing hands-on support for both our new Corporate Canadian Headquarters and our new Training facility. As a member of the Human Resources team, you will ensure a positive employee experience within our office space and training facility by providing a healthy, safe, and professional environment.
Due to TTI Canada’s growth, we recently relocated our Canadian Headquarters and have a new training facility opening in Markham in early 2024. This role will play a key role in establishing new processes and approaches for the new office, ensuring a positive employee experience. The role will also be critical to the success of launching the new training facility.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively provide the day-to-day support for building and facilities related operations including general office administration and management, and compliance requirements, facilities, and security management for both the Canadian Headquarters and Training Facility
- Establish, update, and maintain standard procedures for facilities management based on a model of continuous improvement
- Oversee the evaluation of contracts for third party companies, organizations, and vendors (e.g., equipment, furniture, facilities, office supplies, stationery, couriers) to ensure efficient and optimum service and cost performance
- Manage facilities changes such as renovation projects, and office occupancy/seating changes
- Develop and manage the building and facilities budget
- Lead and/or support related environmental social and governance reporting and initiatives
- Roll up your sleeves to tackle any situation as it arises, including completing repairs, physically supporting moving of office equipment, setting up for training events, stocking beverage fridges etc.
- Develop key metrics for your department’s success, and measure and forecast results
- Manage and provide leadership to the Receptionist, and be prepared to fill-in as needed when no backup is available
- Support company events and functions as needed
- Provide facilities management support to our other leased facilities across Canada, as requested
What You Bring with You
- Post-secondary education in related field or FMP designation preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience focusing on workplace operations and/or in facilities management
- Experience with organizing service providers, budget management, and contract negotiations
- Experience with environmental social and governance reporting and initiatives
- Knowledge of local occupational health and safety requirements and building code requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills: you can effectively identify challenges or obstacles and work quickly to provide alternate solutions
- Professional, assertive, and positive attitude and the willingness to take on manual and administrative work as this is a hands-on position
- Ability and knowledge of how to use power equipment
- Proven ability to develop and lead others
- A valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle so you can travel between buildings
At TTI Canada, in addition to a competitive base salary, you’ll receive:
- 100% employer covered extended health and dental benefits
- $500 deposit to support your overall wellbeing
- RRSP matching program from 3% to 6% of earnings – we’ll match what you contribute!
- 20% bonus
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Two floater days and six sick days
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please advise when submitting your application.