Customer Service Representative
About TechSoup Canada
At TechSoup Canada, we believe technology is key to helping nonprofits achieve their full potential. We work to lower the barriers to technology through access to tools, knowledge, training and talent. One of our core programs involves access to discounted technology products from over 30 companies such as Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec and Cisco to eligible charities, libraries and nonprofits. We also create and share resources, such as articles, blogs and webinars, to help nonprofits learn about technology and make informed decisions.
About the Centre for Social Innovation
TechSoup Canada is a program of the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI), a coworking space, community, and launchpad for people who are changing the world. CSI provides its members with the tools they need to accelerate their success and amplify their impact. Together, we’re building a movement of nonprofits, for-profits, entrepreneurs, artists, and activists working across sectors to create a better world.
About the Role
Navigating the numerous different products and eligibility rules of our program is a challenge for many of our member organizations. Accessing the wealth of information available on technology can also be overwhelming. As a Customer Service Representative, your job is to make it as easy as possible for organizations to request products and find relevant resources.
You may start your day answering emails from nonprofits across Canada about how to order a product or to update their contact information. In between, you might be taking phone calls to help organizations understand the different products that are available. Occasionally, you might join a brainstorming session on how we can improve our members’ experience. After responding to some more emails you might end your day by giving input on how to streamline existing processes to free up some of your time.
- Your #1 responsibility is member satisfaction - making sure nonprofits understand and make the most of the programs and resources available from TechSoup Canada
- Answer members’ questions (via phone and email) and ensure their problems are resolved to the best of your ability
- Become an expert in our program offers and stay on top of changes that affect our members
- Keep information on our website and in our database accurate and up to date
- Provide feedback to improve our programs and continuously look for opportunities to improve processes
- Assist with drafting new content to make our website more user-friendly
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Contribute to other areas of TechSoup Canada’s activities and programs as needed
- Fluent in English; strong preference will be given to candidates bilingual in French
- Strong spoken and written communication skills; able to explain concepts in a clear and simple way
- Detail-oriented, excellent organization and time-management skills
- Open, friendly personality; you love working with people
- Patient and calm in times of frustration
- Critical-thinking and constructive problem-solving skills
- Comfortable using technology and trying new tools
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud Services, such as Office 365, Microsoft 365, Azure, Power BI, etc.
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic office environment
- Resourceful, aware and passionate; willing to take initiative and develop new processes
- Fluency in French
- Experience with French-English translation
- Basic understanding of using databases
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector in Canada
- Experience with servers and network administration
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Previous customer service experience
- Tech or help desk support
- Software sales and support
- Operations, fundraising or other nonprofit experience
- Hospitality industry experience
What you can expect working at TechSoup Canada and the Centre for Social Innovation:
We are dynamic and collaborative team invested in our mission. We are constantly seeking to improve processes and increase our impact in the community. If you like start ups, social enterprises and working in a team atmosphere, we would like to hear from you.
We strongly support applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Position Type: One-year full-time contract with possibility for renewal
Salary: $40,000 + benefits
Reporting: Operations Member-Experience Manager
Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://csito.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=13 before end of day January 11, 2019. Please note that we may invite you to an interview with only a few days notice, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TechSoup Canada is located at 192 Spadina Ave. - Suite 203, Centre for Social Innovation, in Toronto, ON. For more information about TechSoup Canada, visit www.techsoupcanada.ca.
Please let us know of any specific requirements needed in advance of visiting any of our spaces - we will be happy to work with you to accommodate any accessibility requests as best we can.