Analyst - Fixed Income
About the company:
TAO Asset Management Inc. structures, arranges and manages structured finance, securitization, and asset-based funding transactions.
TAO Asset Management was founded in 2009 and is part of the TAO Group of companies, which also includes companies specializing in structured finance and SPV administration, and a software development firm with a suite of products dedicated to providing automated solutions for the unique demands of structured finance and whose clients include some of Canada’s largest and most prominent financial institutions. We are focused on providing the highest quality solutions to our clients and using our extensive experience to navigate through the challenges of structuring, managing and administering complex financial products and structures.
An opportunity exists for an Analyst to join a front-line team and support key staff in the origination, structuring, and execution of private debt placements in the structured finance space. The role requires a motivated self-starter who is seeking an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of structured finance transactions.
The ideal candidate will use this entry-level position to develop their business acumen and understanding of the Canadian capital markets, to build technical skills through the development of Excel-based financial models, and to gain exposure to a highly skilled and successful team of structured finance professionals.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Generally supporting the deal origination, structuring, execution and ongoing deal management of private debt placements in the structured finance space
- Ongoing deal management specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to processing new fundings, assisting in due diligence, transaction monitoring and management, reporting to internal and external stakeholders, and regular interaction with other team members and external partners and clients
- Become fully familiar with the funding criteria and mechanics of each deal under management
- Ensure new deal closings and ongoing fundings are executed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Update and maintain funding models as required for each deal
- Update and ensure legal documentation for each new funding is executed accordingly
- Review accuracy of settlements
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (including portfolio administration group, investors, counterparties) as required
- On an adhoc basis, review and manage response to waiver/release requests from third parties
Candidate Profile and Attributes:
- Strong time, priority and organizational management skills
- Logical and creative thinker, with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Proactive and results oriented
- Demonstrate collaborative skills essential for working in a team based environment
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis and financial theory
- Experience in MS Excel based financial modelling (ability to aggregate and analyze data, modelling, knowledge of VBA or programming skills) is an asset
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Related industry experience is an asset
Application Requirement: Please include a current resume, cover letter and a copy of your undergraduate transcripts when applying to this position.
Position Type: Full-time
Direct Report: Reports to the Vice President, TAO Asset Management Inc.
Location: 11 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At TAO, we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.