Manager, Product Management (Investments)
The Mutual Funds Department is comprised of multiple teams, including Sales and Operations.Mutual Funds Sales is not only responsible for facilitating the sale of mutual funds to our Clients, but is also charged with educating the customer on their various mutual fund options. Whether you're looking to invest in the Tangerine Investment Fund, set-up an ASP on your mutual fund account or update your investor profile, our friendly and knowledgeable Mutual Funds Associates will be happy to assist you.Mutual Funds Operations is responsible for all of the processing as well as the reconciliation of Mutual Fund trades. Whether funds need to be transferred from other financial institutions or trades need to be settled, our dedicated Operations Associates are hard at work to process all the mutual fund-related transactions.
The Manager of Product Management will be responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of the Bank's Investment Fund products. This Manager will track and implement initiatives and programs and make recommendations on how to optimize performance within the needs of the business. The Manager of Product Management will report directly to the Director, Product Management and Performance Optimization, Investments.
The successful incumbent will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of product and process changes for Tangerine's Investment Fund product portfolio. The incumbent will collaborate with other teams in marketing and across the organization to create opportunities to strengthen Tangerine's efficiency, profitability, client growth and existing client satisfaction while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Manage product performance end-to-end.
- Draft business cases and marketing recommendations on product strategies and tactics by interpreting business and client needs.
- Draft product content for the business to ensure that the client touch points present the features and benefits of our products.
- Conduct in depth product research leveraging internal and external analysis as needed.
- Work closely with inter-departmental teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk etc.) to assist in implementing recommendations that strengthen product performance, features, positioning and processes.
- Identify and evaluate critical product and process success factors that drive client growth, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Maintain the product positioning that supports our brand.
- Support the business through tracking key product performance metrics and contributing in depth product knowledge including: key value drivers, key client needs, processes, product capabilities and functions and regulatory requirements.
- Use client and industry insights to develop new products and services.
- Execute pricing tactics and use insights to recommend tactical program changes.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree - MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Marketing or Product Management
- Marketing or product management experience in consumer financial products
- Specialized Knowledge
- Extensive investment product knowledge
- Solid understanding of investment products, processes and operations
- Technical Skills
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to identify client insights and intentions and translate into product strategy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders without formal authority
- Able to effectively simplify complexity to ensure a superior client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Manager, Product Management will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management COMPLIance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
***Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer***