Manager, New Client Acquisition Marketing
The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Manager, New Client Acquisition Marketing is responsible for developing the Client Centric acquisition communication strategy to drive new-to-bank client growth for Tangerine. Leveraging data-driven decisions and analytic insights, the Manager will drive a test and learn approach to convert new clients against our target audience. The successful candidate will possess strategic and analytical marketing acumen along with a proven track record for helping a Tier One organization to acquire profitable Clients through marketing communications efforts. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Brand & New Client Acquisition.
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Brand and Acquisition to create the new client communication plan to guide continuous expansion and growth of new clients to Tangerine and continuously identify, evaluate and test new growth and acquisition channels, strategies and tactics.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive marketing plan and forecast that supports the mandate for new client acquisition to achieve aggressive growth new client and revenue goals across product lines working closely with media acquisition counterpart
- Develop new client activation strategies to grow and optimize multi-product rates amongst new clients using data to inform decisions
- Develop Test & Learn agenda for year and across campaigns - including channel tests, message/creative testing as well as offer tests and develop methods to understand and apply learnings to improve communication effectiveness
- Manages overall budget for new client acquisition - assigning budgets for campaigns including media and offer incentives collaborating with partners
- Partner cross-functionally within integrated marketing, Client experience, customer insights, product management, contact centers, etc. to effectively determine offer strategy and client journey flows across client groups and product lines
- Collaborate with media leads to determine external advertising strategies to drive new client consideration and conversion using external media with a focus on digital mediums (SEM, Display, Social).
- Improve new client product cross-sell rates through ongoing optimization, efficient targeting/messaging, and test & learns; Rapidly develop and launch qualitative and quantitative A/B and multivariate tests and continuously apply learning
- Develop and initiate acquisition campaign briefs, experiment with a wide array of ever-changing digital and traditional mediums and develop methods to understand and improve communication effectiveness
- Lead and develop the agenda for the cross-functional Acquisition taskforce and chair the meetings
- Develop client forecasts by product, determine and manage marketing budgets (communications and incentives) to achieve forecasts; monitor/share performance and reconcile budgets regularly, and build action plans to address gaps as required
- Collaborate on marketing strategies to generate results based on solid analysis including Client behavior, channel optimization, profiling & segmentation to drive message relevance across mediums
- Determine product offers and incentives working with Research, Product and Marketing teams
- Establish trusted collaborative working relationships with other members of the Tangerine Marketing Team
- Ensure Tangerine remains in compliance, and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities.
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in marketing experience in demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organizations (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.) including 2-3yrs media specific experience
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic marketing communications experience with digital marketing depth
- MBA is an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Experience leading in an agile market environment would be an asset.
- Experience with (SEM, Display, Programmatic, RTB, Data Management Platforms, etc)
- Natural leader with strong abilities to influence others
- Strong ability to shift gears and pivot quickly with changing priorities.
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Intellectual curiosity about Client behavior, profitability, retail balance flows, channels etc.
The Manager, New Client Acquisition Marketing will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
MANAGEMENT COMPLIANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.