The mandate of the Client Experience department is to envision, design, orchestrate, improve and measure the client experience at Tangerine in order to deliver forward banking to Canadians and deliver on Tangerine's mandate of being a client-centric organization. Areas of focus for the department are: Research, Strategy, Innovation, and Design.
Do you love solving business and customer problems with great user interface design? Are you known for both your creativity and attention to detail? Do you constantly ask yourself how something can be done simpler, faster and better? Do you want to help build the next generation of banking in Canada?
We are looking for an Interaction Designer who brings with them a passion for experience design and a well-rounded background in human factors, information architecture, visual design and creative problem-solving. As a Interaction Designer on Tangerine's Client Experience Design team, you'll design and wireframe the customer experiences for web, mobile and tablet. You will collaborate with business and IT professionals to bring these experiences to life for our customers. You'll tackle two key areas: customer experience (how people feel when they interact with Tangerine), and user experience (the process behind the customer experience). You will understand all key moments of truths for customers and deliver micro-experiences that reinforce the simplicity of banking with Tangerine that will "wow" our Clients.
- Bring together a comprehensive understanding of UX best practices, information architecture, human factors and visual interaction design for web, mobile and tablet.
- Act as design owner through conception, build and release of outcomes large and small
- Conceive, design and prototype user experiences that are simple, useful, usable and compelling.
- Translate business needs and user goals into simple yet meaningful customer experiences.
- Inform solutions with data from multiple sources, including requirements, customer needs, technology constraints, usability studies, UX research and web analytics.
- Create low/high fidelity wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups, and other user interface elements, along with interface specifications at a high level of quality and in keeping with company brand, style and UI guidelines.
- Plan and conduct usability tests and improve the designed experience through iterative design that includes accepting and managing feedback and challenging conventional wisdom.
- Ensure consistency of experience across multiple areas and products.
- Embrace and champion a collaborative approach; offer multiple options and alternatives to design challenges.
- Clearly communicate design recommendations to stakeholders; actively invite feedback and iterate on designs to create a stronger solution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Design Degree in one of the following fields - User Interface Design, Visual Communication (Graphic) Design, Interaction Design, HCI, Industrial Design or the equivalent experience and training in an area directly relevant to this position
- 5+ years of user interface design experience with responsive web, mobile, and tablet based products
- Experience creating low and hi-fi wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups, sitemaps, flow diagrams and other UI deliverables
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates vision and innovation in wireframes, high fidelity mockups, conceptual explorations, etc.
- Experience translating complex business problems to simple and engaging user-centered solutions
- Experience in conducting usability testing
- Experience in agile environment
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of user interface best practices for responsive web and mobile
- Accessibility is a plus
- Technical Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Invision, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Ability to clearly communicate and explain your designs
- Ability to successfully multitask across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with business and technical teams
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Strong collaborator; you welcome feedback and see team problem-solving as a natural part of the creative process
The UX/UI Designer will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from weekend work to support builds, overtime, working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.