Client Service Specialist
The Client Service Specialist reports to the Every Day Banking Manager. They are responsible for providing industry leading client service while promoting Tangerine’s banking products to prospective and existing clients through our state of the art inbound and outbound service centre.
Please note: There is a one year commitment in this role as a Client Service Specialist before you are eligible to apply for any other internal opportunities.
- Deliver friendly and professional service to clients through inbound, outbound and eService channels in a fast-paced contact centre environment.
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of financial products (e.g. TFSA, RIFs Chequing/Savings accounts, RSPs, etc.).
- Process customer financial transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify Client’s needs and sell products that meet them.
- Educate Clients on a wide range of financial products (e.g. TFSA, RIFs Chequing/Savings accounts, RSPs, etc.) and on self-service channels in order to enable Clients to serve themselves online.
- Service existing Clients in a manner which drives resolution in one contact.
- Identify barriers to excellent service and communicate them through appropriate channels.
- Deliver on individual and team objectives that support Tangerine.
- Respond to clients via written channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in retail/sales or other customer service environment
- Achieve all Savings Associates scorecard requirements
- Strong understanding of the concepts and skills required in order to sell financial products and services in a customer-centric environment
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a definite asset
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to emerging call centre technology
- Ability to work full time for the first 9 weeks of training (part-time)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The Savings Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.