Bilingual Investment Funds Advisor
The Mutual Funds Department is comprised of multiple teams, including Sales and Operations.Mutual Funds Sales is not only responsible for facilitating the sale of mutual funds to our Clients, but is also charged with educating the customer on their various mutual fund options. Whether you're looking to invest in the Tangerine Investment Fund, set-up an ASP on your mutual fund account or update your investor profile, our friendly and knowledgeable Mutual Funds Associates will be happy to assist you.Mutual Funds Operations is responsible for all of the processing as well as the reconciliation of Mutual Fund trades. Whether funds need to be transferred from other financial institutions or trades need to be settled, our dedicated Operations Associates are hard at work to process all the mutual fund-related transactions.
As an Investment Funds Advisor, you are the voice and personality of Tangerine Investment Funds. Dealing primarily over the phone, Clients will be reaching out to you as their main source for investment advice. You will use your wit and curiosity to engage Clients in conversation and assess their needs as they relate to investing. You are passionate about our investment philosophies and advocate for increased investor education and sound investing behaviours. You take pride in helping people and you focus on bringing your best to each interaction. The Investment Fund Advisor will report directly to the Manager of Tangerine Investments.
- Assess Clients' financial situations and fit for mutual funds using probing questions and superior communication skills
- Coach Clients to adopt sound investor behaviours that are in line with an index-based approach to investing.
- Simplify and explain investment strategies using language and analogies that make investing easier to understand for those with limited understanding of the industry
- Educate Clients on the fundamentals of our products with the intention of raising their overall investor awareness.
- Enable Clients to take control of their investments by providing them a tailored recommendation suited to their needs.
- Highlight available online tools to assist Clients in planning and goal setting.
- Share knowledge and passion for the index-based investment strategy as a superior method for controlling costs and investing for the long term.
- Recommend other Tangerine products that are well suited to the Clients identified needs.
- Assist Clients with maintaining their accounts by executing trade orders, ensuring documentation is up to date and complete, and by having an excellent grasp of internal processes.
- Meet monthly Quality and efficiency targets
- Share best practices with the Investment Funds team and participate in departmental initiatives and discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of related work experience (customer service, retail banking, mutual fund sales including 6 months or more of confirmed experience in a contact center.
- Professional Certification
- Successful completion of CSC or IFIC prior to the start date in order to attain Mutual funds licensing.
- Specialized Knowledge
- Detailed understanding and belief in Index investing strategy and the various financial instruments that can be used to apply it
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of Index/Passive investing strategy
- Technical Skills
- Fluent in French
- Computer literate
- Ability to assess and give advice
- Ability to adhere to the Tangerine Investment Funds Policy and Procedure Manual and keep up to date with any changes
- Ability to apply principles of Know Your Client (KYC) in all customer transactions
- Driven and goal oriented
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Superior communication skills in English (and French) both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and organized
The Investment Funds Advisor will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.