Analyst, Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) (9 Month Contract)
The Tangerine Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Tangerine FIU Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program. Tangerine Bank is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The Department is responsible for ensuring that Tangerine remains compliant with regulatory expectations as well as head office minimum standards. The Department is also responsible for ensuring adherence to sanctions regulations.
The Analyst, Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) reports directly to the Manager, FIU. The Analyst's key responsibilities include identifying possible instances of money laundering and terrorist financing activity, performing client name screening and assisting with the identification and maintenance of higher risk clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review alerts from the automated transaction monitoring system to identify potential instances of money-laundering or terrorist financing.
- Review alerts from the customer name screening system to identify potential Listed Persons and politically exposed persons (PEPS & PEFPS).
- Document conclusions in the transaction monitoring and name screening system.
- Report the results of customer name screening and transaction monitoring within the specified timelines.
- Update and maintain appropriate records of reviews conducted in the case management system.
- Write reports to document the review of high risk client relationships.
- Engage in administrative duties to support the FIU.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or College diploma in related field is an asset
- A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in the Financial industry
- Previous experience in AML, compliance, fraud or loss prevention is an asset.
- Experience with AML systems
- Professional Certification
- ACAMS is an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- French language skills are an asset
- Technical Skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Experience with Microsoft suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of banking products and systems
- Abilities/Attributes/ Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and document your conclusions
- Ability to stay focused on a repetitive task without compromising quality of work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Accustomed to working in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
The Analyst, Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.