Fundraising and Communications Manager, Connected North
TakingITGlobal is a charitable NGOï¿½whose mission is to empower students to understand and act on social challenges through technology-enabled learning. Established in 1999, TakingITGlobal took on the program management for the Connected North program in 2015, an initiative that fosters student engagement and enhanced education outcomes in remote Indigenous communities in Canada via interactive video technology.
The program now serves nearly 10,000 students across 41 school partners, helping to support student engagement and well-being.
The ideal candidate for this position will have proven experience in fundraising and communications, as well as experience working with Indigenous communities.ï¿½
Donor Relations & Reporting
- Develop, manage and strengthen the donor/funding journeys for new and existing donors
- Implement effective research and outreach strategies that will identify and acquire new program supporters
- Prepare draft reports and proposals to meet deadlines and the needs of each donor/funding partner (government, industry, individual, private foundations)
- Liaise with Program Evaluation partners to plan activities and capture impact relating to well-being outcomes and student engagement
- Support program growth and sustainability through administrative management of the Advisory Boardï¿½s quarterly meetings
- Update and manage supporter information on website
Communications & Outreach
Create, develop and enhance external communications to raise awareness of the programï¿½s value and outcomes:
- Bi-monthly Educator newsletter
- Quarterly Donor newsletter
- Monthly Impact story blogs
- Weekly Social media posts
- Targeted donor outreach
- Web site content updates
Oversee annual fundraising hockey tournament in support of Connected North.
- Act as the primary project manager for the event
- Coordinate facilities requirements and all logistics including such tasks as: tournament scheduling, player coordination, food ordering, opening ceremony programming, venue coordination and transportation management.
- Organization of celebrity participants
- Management and tracking of each teamï¿½s fundraising efforts
- Creation of marketing and sponsorship collateral and management of event website
- Management of sponsors, including recruitment and retention
- Developing and managing event budget
- Organizing event volunteers for day-of support
- Event wrap up and final reporting, including sponsor appreciation
TakingITGlobal is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages applications from Indigenous and minority candidates. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Indigenous status. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.