Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Warehouse Supervisor directs and coordinates activities of workers within the warehouse, shipping and receiving. Also plans, leads, organizes and oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the warehouse.
- Develops and implements departmental strategy plans for ongoing continuous improvement
- Planning and overseeing workflow for warehouse, shipping & receiving.
- Key liaison and leads effective and ongoing proactive communication with customers relative to all delivery issues.
- Contribute to the profitability and efficiency of the shipping and receiving departments while maintaining a high level of customer service excellence.
- Prioritizing product needs based on demand.
- Manage processes to minimize re-work, spoilage and theft.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly goals are met or exceeded.
- Analyze and research problems and provide resolutions.
- Train, coach and provide recognition to employees / monitor employee performance and provide performance feedback.
- Manage labour costs by maximizing shift productivity, controlling work hours.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Establishes / creates strong team quality orientation culture.
- Report statistical information as required to Management
- Ensure all materials are rotated according to the FIFO inventory method.
- Manage preventative maintenance program on Warehouse equipment.
- Responsible for employee discipline and timecard management.
- Responding and follow up on general inquiries.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures, safety guidelines and HACCP; ensure team compliance / safety.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in Warehouse environment, foodservice preferred.
- WHMIS, Health and Safety, Forklift Training, First Aid training, high level of math
- Strategic vision and planning
- Continuous Improvement and Integration
- Strong problem and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring capabilities
- Relationship Management
- Intermediate Computer Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, AS400 applications).
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco’s Values: Integrity | Building Effective Relationships | Driving Results | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
- Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)