Warehouse Supervisor, Night Shift
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Night Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of warehouse personnel on a designation shift, working closely with the Warehouse leadership team to ensure the operating company productivity objectives are met while fostering a safe work environment. Sunday- Thursday 5:00 pm to 1:30 am (minimum hours) and Stat/Holiday work required.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and Sysco policy requirements for safety and food safety.
- Supervision of warehouse associates, including coaching, training, and motivating employees.
- Supervise selection and loading of inter-company outbound loads.
- Achieving safety, productivity, accuracy and shrink reduction objectives.
- Monitor and maintain warehouse cleanliness.
- Completing assignments and projects as required.
- Ensuring the integrity of inventories, including rotation, order selection, and loading
- Communicating with other night supervisors to ensure all areas of shipping are running on schedule
- Ensuring available night warehouse manpower is utilized to maximize overall efficiency throughout the shipping week.
- Monitoring and reviewing individual productivity and ensuring performance levels are maintained.
- Reducing shipping errors and ensuring service levels are met.
- Managing of warehouse expenses to ensure profit goals are met and exceeded.
- Inerpreting and following the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensuring all HAACP guidelines are followed and safe shipping practices are adhered to.
- Ensuring a high level of housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Identifying unsafe conditions and acting upon all safety concerns.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills including intermediate MS Office and AS400 proficiency is beneficial.
- Exposure to Warehouse management systems is beneficial.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)