Warehouse Supervisor, Night Shift
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the scheduling and supervision of night warehouse associates. Effort will be focused on achieving OpCo productivity objectives while ensuring a safe working environment.
- Supervise warehouse distribution personnel in aspects of order selection, loading and shipping, replenishment, receiving, put away and/or stock rotation.
- Effectively schedule warehouse personnel to achieve productivity objectives within the warehouse.
- Provide on-going coaching, training and motivation of new and existing employees to assist them in consistently meeting company productivity and customer service standards.
- Provide leadership and compliance on company safety programs, sanitation and loss prevention direction to warehouse associates.
- Monitor the physical conditions and handling practices to ensure all products are stored and shipped within the specified temperature requirements and in peak condition.
- Work closely with Inventory Control personnel to identify inventory problems, correct errors and maintain the accuracy of the perpetual inventory.
- Conduct performance management, discipline and termination of all direct reports in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in a similar capacity.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment is an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary certificate or diploma is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices, government legislation and standards.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriately managing confidential information.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Superior ability to build relationships and affect positive change.
- AS400/Warehouse Management System WMS knowledge would be an asset.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)