Warehouse Order Selector - Part-time Evening Shift
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Official Job Title? Order Selector, but we like to think of our Warehouse staff as Industrial Athletes due to the extremely physical nature of their jobs. Professional Athletes typically exert their energy in short bursts - for instance, a hockey game is finished in under 3 hours - but our Industrial Athletes expend that same energy level for a continuous 10 hour period, four days per week!
As an Order Selector, you will handle an average of 1,500 cases per shift, with each case weighing an average of 30 pounds - but up to 72 pounds. You will also move a lot - walking, standing, stretching, and bending - on average you will walk over 10 kilometers in a single shift. It is very repetitive work, so the ideal person for the job is very self-motivated and likes to continually challenge themselves. The hours appeal to those who are night owls - shifts typically start early in the afternoon and end in the early morning.
As challenging as this job is, it is also very rewarding. The pay is above average, with opportunity to earn more on each bi-weekly pay check depending on your ability to work quickly, accurately, and safely. There is also plenty of opportunity for advancement - many of our Management and Senior Leaders started in this very same position and have grown their career with our Fortune 50 Company. Your hard work and dedication can pay off.
- Accurately assemble customer orders using an electric pallet jack, electronic warehouse system. You may hand balm up to 1,500 cases weighing an average of 30 pounds (but up to 72 pounds).
- Label cases, palletize orders, and wrap goods to be shipped.
- Operate equipment such as a triple electric pallet jack to move goods throughout the warehouse.
- Work safely and following all company policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Perform cleaning duties as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors
- Physically capable of heavy lifting and high endurance as there is constant standing, bending stretching, lifting, and very fast-paced work.
- Ability to work in cold (freezer) temperature environments for extended periods.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and company procedures.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
- Shift start times vary anywhere from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Part time is scheduled 40 hours a week but during slower seasons hours could dropped to 30 hours.
- Previous warehouse experience considered an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)