Vendor Rebate Analyst, Business Services (MDM EI Analyst)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Official Job Title: MDM EI Analyst
The focus of this role is to set up and maintain all Corporate and Local Vendor Rebate Programs within the AS400 Vendor Rebate Maintenance system for the Canadian enterprise in order to create consistent, standard information across Canada for our Operating Companies.
- The successful candidate will:
- Set up New and Renewed Vendor Rebate Programs (Earned Income) in the new AS400 MDM system and flow to all Canadian Operating Companies AS400 systems
- Follow standard operating procedures around maintenance and processes for Vendor Income
- Process daily maintenance on Vendor Rebate Programs and flow to all Canadian Operating Companies AS400 systems ensuring accuracy of our Income
- Monitor for future Expiring Programs and follow up on renewals with Corporate and/or Operating Companies
- Create manual Vendor invoicing as required
- Work with Operating Companies and Vendors to solve queries and provide information on Vendor Rebate Income and trending
- Reconcile all Rebate Programs payments within the Operating Companies and work with Cash Application teams to have Vendor AR cleared
- Review Vendor AR Aging and follow up with Vendor on outstanding collections
- Prepare Vendor Rebate Income reporting for Operating Companies and Corporate as required.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Business
- Minimum five (5+) years job related experience in Financial Data Management and Business Analysis
- Bilingual in French is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel (Expert level), and Outlook as well as Cognos Impromptu and Powerplay (SPAR), AS400, and Internet applications
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within an organization and our Vendor community
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented, a fast learner, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)