Transportation Supervisor- Carp, Ontario (Ottawa)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This position is directly responsible for supervising Delivery Associates and to ensuring that deliveries are made to customers in a safe, timely, accurate and courteous manner.
- Effectively scheduling Delivery Associates; maintaining time/attendance systems for payroll.
- Training and development of Delivery Associates and reviewing individual progress.
- Accompanying Delivery Associates during regular shifts from time to time.
- Ensuring compliance with all Safety Regulations, Legislation, and Sysco policies.
- Reviewing and responding to feedback from Sales/Customers, gathering all information needed for thorough prevention of recurrence of complaints.
- Monitoring overall condition of equipment, proper documentation and reporting as required i.e. safety/accidents.
- Establishing, reviewing and implementation of company processes and procedures.
- Involved in developing new programs, in conjunction with Transportation to enhance the support offered to other departments and customers.
- Supervising the work of the department including recommendations for hiring new employees, transfers, performance management, terminations and budget recommendations.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or higher required.
- The ideal candidate will have three (3) years of experience in a foodservice distribution centre.
- Class "AZ" driver's license or willing to achieve your AZ license within 12 months
- Flexible schedule and availability to work extended hours and varied shifts as required.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)