Territory Sales Representative - Protein
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Sales Territory Representative is responsible for developing and executing all key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve financial and sales targets. Commission program available once sales target has been met.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts;
- Prepare budgets for Street Sales district, set up special pricing on bids, meet and exceed margin targets;
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company's customer base;
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships;
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives;
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations;
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts;
- Represent the company's business policies in various conferences, trade fairs, and networking events to attract more clients;
- Maintain and develop existing accounts;
- Enter and process sales orders thru appropriate system;
- Seek out new customers and sales opportunities; Perform cold calls and prospecting;
- Manage credit and collections for direct street accounts;
- Attend all Company Sales Meetings, Product Exhibitions, Product Seminars, District Sales Meetings, Training Workshops and Food Shows as required, and participate in these events as requested;
- Prepare and provide weekly reports to Sales management and GM as required;
- Problem solve -create solutions and opportunities;
- Obtain contract pricing for customers and resolve customer complaints and issues as required;
- Ensure positive relations exist and is maintained between Sales and other departments;
- All other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Sales Management or related field.
- 5+ years' of successful sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Extensive protein sales experience and beef carcass knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web tools
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects and individuals.
- Effectively meeting customer needs and building productive customer relationships.
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Leading Change
- Problem Solving /Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Building Effective Relationships
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.