Team Lead, Inside Sales
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Role: The Team Lead will focus on quality, training, coaching and mentoring within the Sales Coordinator team, perform sales activities, and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous learning and development across all teams.
- Assist in Quality Assurance monitoring for the team.
- Participate and/or lead special project in support of Customer Experience, Training, and Product Knowledge.
- Present new products, services, and ideas to increase sales and meet established objectives.
- Perform research of product discounts, services, special offers, and company promotions.
- Focus on external customer interaction through inbound and outbound calls.
- Increase customer retention and improve Customer Experience.
- Complete and up-date sales forms and call reports. Ensure a complete and timely flow of information.
- Attend department sales meetings and participate in other activities as requested.
- Lead positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Process pick-ups, invoice adjustments, couriers, special orders, and samples
- Address customer concerns and inquiries.
- Notify customers and Marketing Associates as to substitutions and/or shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related field.
- A minimum of three (3+) years' experience in Sales or Customer Service.
- Experience of working in a sales contact centre environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, SharePoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented, a fast learner and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and high volume.
- Proven ability to maintain or improve customer relationships.
- A customer-focused approach, with a clear understanding of key selling concepts, principles, and applications.
- Strong knowledge of Sysco products with an understanding of foodservice operations.
- Able to motivate others to grow and continuously improve their customer service skills.
- Able to deliver and receive feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.