Tax Manager - Contract
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow u s @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
22 Months Contract Opportunity
- Manage the compilation of tax documentation and information for multiple Corporate Income Tax returns
- Prepare annual Corporate Income tax returns for Canadian entities
- Manage Canadian transfer pricing documentation
- Prepare and assist with corporate tax provision and true-up
- Assist with the various commodity tax projects, including planning and execution of commodity tax legislative changes
- Manage and assist with the collection of information with respect to government audits
- Assist in the preparation of tax documents required by employees
- Manage periodic sales tax and excise tax filings; oversee the reconciliation of tax related accounts
- Assist in tax research and implementation of various projects and initiatives, when necessary.
- Provide both commodity and income tax support to various Canadian Operating Company personnel
- Provide technical and project management guidance to Tax Analyst, experience in managing staff is an asset
- Work closely with other departments and operating companies as a business partner.
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Completion of Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Must possess a Canadian accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA/CPA).
- A minimum of 5+ years of Corporate Tax experience, including exposure to International Tax.
- Completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course
- Strong understanding of Canadian taxation
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal associates and 3rd party providers.
- Curious, questioning mind-set
- Analytical, detail oriented
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong organization skills
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects to meet established deadlines
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)