Boucherville, Grand Montréal
5 septembre 2020
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of this job is to ensure the correct slotting of all products in the distribution center. The Slotting Coordinator positions new listings based on the available data, ensures the products are properly placed in terms of velocity, temperature requirements, size, weight, and any other specifications. This job also involves analyzing data from operational reports, follow up with operations leaders, and take immediate action.
- Slot all new listings, special order and demand products according to size, quantity, weight, temperature requirements, etc.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Receiving departments to ensure Ti-Hi changes are flagged and updated, and all other parameters are correct and maintained in our systems.
- Analyze and provide feedback on the reduction of letdowns and any other operational improvement related to slotting.
- Work closely with Inventory Control and Warehouse Operations to identify gaps in processes and resolve issues.
- Analyze slotting reports and follow up with operations leaders on improvement opportunities
- Be an active member of the Slotting Committee; take selector feedback, filter appropriately and escalate issues/opportunities to operational leaders.
- Identify Health & Safety issues through observations and interventions with inbound/outbound crews, and follow up with operational lead and/or EHS lead
- Is willing to work safely with minimal environmental impact and understands the importance of reporting all hazards, incidents, and environmental spills immediately to their Supervisor.
- Understands that they play an integral role in their own safety and that of their colleagues and is willing to speak out when hazards are present.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco's Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a distribution/warehouse facility with high level analysis.
- College diploma is preferred, equivalent experience would be considered.
- Preferred experience with warehouse management system (SWMS and IDS is an asset).
- Intermediate level Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)