Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Inbound Warehouse Supervisor, the purpose of this position is to ensure that warehouse primary pick locations are set for maximum efficiency. This includes slotting products in the warehouse to reduce selector travel time and ensuring that products are easily scanned in an effort to reduce pick errors and abandoned products. This position uses problem analysis reports to identify and correct slotting issues as needed.
- · Slot and measure products as necessary to maintain proper placement and cube of product. Slot all new listings, special order and demand products according to size, quality, weight, etc.
- · Assign relocations to product within the warehouse to create a safer and more productive work environment.
- · Maintain product locations based on movement and ensure that locations accommodate the appropriate volume based on sales demand.
- · Delete slots for items no longer stocked and/or special-order products.
- · Communicate frequently with the Merchandising Department and Receivers regarding product identification and how products are categorized in the computer and to ensure that the tier and height of products can be slotted properly in the warehouse.
- · Understanding, interpreting and implementing slot info data and slot reports to effectively measure product velocity and maximize cube utilization.
- · Analyzing cube movement of product to determine proper product placement to ensure selector productivity and to reduce forklift letdowns.
- · Analyzing letdown data and presenting ideas on reducing letdowns to increase efficiency.
- · Work closely with warehouse personnel to ensure proper slot changes are physically completed and to identify and resolve the issue of abandoned products (i.e. count, palletize, move, measure, etc.)
- · Perform other duties are required.
- · Grade 12 required; Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field preferred.
- · Minimum 1-year experience performing data analysis.
- · Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel.
- · Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across Departments.
- · Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.