Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Associates in this position are responsible to ensure the daily counting and tracking of shorted products, correct slotting of appropriate products on a daily basis and to assist in keeping abandoned products to a minimum.
- Slot all new listings, special order and demand products according to size, quantity, weight, etc.
- Plan and implement racking changes in the warehouse
- Complete XY Coordinate entries
- Create and perform slot moves through the EXE system
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Receiving departments to ensure tier and heights/weights and dimensions can be properly slotted
- Analyze and provide feedback on the reduction of letdowns
- Liaise with customer service, inventory control and vendors to ensure accuracy and resolve issues
- Work to improve cases per man hour and cases per pallet
- Run various reports such as, weekly performance indicators report, weekly error reports
- Various other duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent
- Knowledge of IDS and EXE software
- Knowledge of Microsoft office including excel and word
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience and 1 + years in a warehouse environment
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong team membership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment and actively participate as a member of a team to accomplish team goals
- Strong decision making and customer focus skills
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)