Sales Leader - DSM, RSM, Director of Sales
To be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
Sysco lives at the heart of food and service. We are passionately committed to the success of every customer, supplier partner, community, and associate. We know at the core of achieving this vision is understanding and meeting the needs of our customer. As a result, everything we do begins and ends with our customers.
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 65,000 associates, the company operates approximately 300 distribution facilities across the globe and serves more than 500,000 customer locations delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus commission earnings
- Service rewards, peer recognition, and individual performance awards
- Onboarding, training and development programs; career opportunities
- Sales technology tools and business resources
- Internal and external network of business partners and support
- Market and Customer insights and analytics
The key to our success has always been the power of our people. We’re not the best because we’re the biggest; we’re the biggest because we’re the best – and being the best requires being with the best. That’s where you come in!
- Are you looking for purpose and value-driven work?
- Do you want to thrive in a work environment that provides you with the tools and resources to make a difference for your team, customers, and community?
- Are you comfortable using numbers and data to provide insight and grow a business?
- Do you enjoy coaching, motivating, and developing a team and supporting others in finding solutions?
- Oversee all departmental functions within Street Sales team. Coach, train, mentor and provide constructive feedback to all sales staff in department.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Outside Sales Reps, providing support via hands on coaching and direction, enabling them to better maximize their performance and achieve/ surpass sales and profit goals, customer penetration and retention.
- Act as liaison with other departments that may impact sales territory growth, ensure the team understands thought processes underlying Sysco’s policies and initiatives.
- Monitor and measure Sales results. Provide feedback, tools, and resources to team to find solutions within territories.
- Continually coach direct reports to grow as high performing business partners to customers; encourage a better understanding of various aspects of the business and how to take effective courses of action that lead to appropriate solutions and positive consequences.
- Participate in formation of Marketing promotions, including food shows and vendor promotions.
- Works closely with Business Resources & Marketing team, ensuring that commitments to the Sales team are delivered
- Builds and maintains customer loyalty and retention, develops relationships with key accounts in region.
- Works in the field a minimum of two (2) days per week with direct reports and team.
- Ensures that proper credit practices are being maintained by the sales force and develops good communication between the sales force and the credit department.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning to optimize performance and career growth
You will bring:
- University or college degree/diploma
- Proven Sales management and leadership capability
- Valid driver’s license
- Business and financial acumen
- Experience in recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and developing a team
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Solution oriented with strong problem solving ability
- Proficiency with Sales technology platforms, Office programs
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Reference Checks, Criminal Record Search)