Sales Administrator (Summer Student, 2 positions)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
The purpose of this job is to provide administrative support to the Sales Department.
- Supporting department with customer focus projects and or duties
- Meeting preparations and room set up for sales events/meetings
- Customer calls regarding late trucks/credit support
- Reviewing promo trackers
- Executing on weekly inventory reports
- Vacation coverage for Account Executives
- Providing general support to Sales Managers and VP
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled in a full time program of study (Post-Secondary)
- Successful completion of Grade 12 is required with a minimum 1 year related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, superior customer service skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Related experience in the Food Service Industry would be considered an asset.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)